Liquid propane capacities based on 91,044 Btu per gallon and 50 psi above vapor pressure at inlet of LP burner
control valve. (Butane and 50/50 propane/butane mixture capacities available on request.)
Burner capacities based on standard air density: sea level (29.92 hg) at 70°F. Correction factors must be applied for
altitude/temperature variations. Consult Hauck for assistance, if required.
Only 40% of air for combustion is passed through the burner. The remaining 60% of air for combustion plus a
minimum of 20% excess air must be induced by the dryer exhaust system at a negative pressure of 0.25" wc at the
Horsepower rating is based on Hauck blower performance. Blowers of other manufacturer may be used, however,
higher horsepower motors may be required because of lower efficiencies.
"E" & "F" Model burners can be accurately monitored for air flow by using the body pressure P1 test point with an
accurate ounce pressure gauge. Burners equipped with a blower inlet orifice can be monitored for air flow using a draft
gauge capable of reading negative 3" wc. Readings can be related to scfm on corresponding burner charts.
Burners equipped with a gas orifice meter can be accurately checked for gas flow by measuring the differential
pressure across the orifice meter with a U-tube device capable of reading 0-20 inches water column. Readings can be
related to gas flow using corresponding Burner Performance Table under gas orifice dP (in. wc) and gas flow (scfh).
Flight Design in the combustion zone is important. The combustion zone should be relatively clear of vailing material and
large enough to accommodate complete combustion. Consult Hauck for recommended combustion zone requirements.
The StarJet fuel-air system uses a single control motor for modulation of burner air and fuel.
This control motor travels 90° from low to high fire, driving both the burner air and fuel simultaneously.
Only 30% to 40% of total burner air is passed thru the burner (includes burner primary and secondary air). The
remaining air for combustion is pulled past the burner cone by the plant exhaust system.
Burner primary air is on at all times on all fuels.
A constant negative draft of approximately -0.25" wc is important in maintaining a constant air flow past the burner
without puffing the drum front. This negative pressure can easily be maintained with a Hauck EPS-300 control system. The
negative pressure tap should be located on the drum front bulkhead between the burner and the O.D. of the drum at
D. LOW FIRE LIMIT ADJUSTMENT
Set the secondary air low fire limit switch (see fig. 1) so the cam does not trip the actuating arm of the limit switch when the
butterfly air control valve is at the low fire position. Clearance between the switch wheel and cam at low fire should be set
at 1/16 inch.