Place camshaft washer (3) under cam head, position cam (7)(8) through spider (4), install spacer washer and lock
ring, position camshaft through camshaft bracket and install slack adjuster washer (10) and lock ring (9).
Set brake shoe (19) into position and insert anchor pin (16) with recessed slot in line with anchor pin lock hole.
Secure anchor pin with locking pin.
Install washers and lock rings where necessary.
Install slack adjuster (5) and connect to brake chamber push rod. The incident angle at rest between the slack
adjuster and push rod should be approximately 95°.
8. Install the axle ring (29) onto the spindle (2).
9. Install the inner bearing (26) into the hub and tap the oil seal (30) into the hub.
10. The hub assembly (36)(37) can be installed onto the spindle (2). Slide it on carefully so that the bearing does not
11. Install the outer bearing (25) into the hub (36)(37) and onto the spindle (2).
12. Install the inner nut (12) and tighten it against the bearing while turning the hub (36)(37). Make sure there is no
drag caused by the brake shoe against the brake drum. When there is a slight drag , back off the inner nut (12)
one-third of a turn to allow free rotation of the hub.
13. Install the lock washer (13).
14. Install the outer spindle nut (14) and tighten to 125 15.
Install the hub cap gasket (31) and the hub cap (32).
16. Oil is added through the plug in the cap. Add oil to the "full" line (inner circle) on the cap. See the Operator's
Manual for the correct lubricant.
page 3 - 1366