Directions for applying FLEXCO conveyor belt fasteners. F117C
1. Square belt ends (see Installation Tips
on other side) and cut to length. To
simplify the cutting job, use an Alligator
Wide Belt Cutter.
2. Support belt ends with wood plank. Nail
Flexco Templet in position with belt ends
tight against lugs. Templet nails are in bolt
bag. Punch or bore bolt holes.
3. An impact tool with Flexco Power Punch
or Flexco Power Boring Bit speeds hole
boring operation. Remove templet. Leave
plank under belt ends for a word surface.
All work can be done from the top of the
4. Assemble bolts in bottom plates. Snap
clip over heads of bolls. Fold one belt end
back out of the way. Then insert bolts from
under side along one row of holes.
5. Using the notches in the templet to align
the opposite row of bolts, place the other
end of the belt over the bolts. Press belt
onto bolts with hands. Remove templet.
Continue to press belt until it is in place.
6. Place top plate over one bolt. Insert
Bolt horn Tool through the other plate hole
and over the second bolt to pry it into place.
7. Assemble all top plates same way as in
Direction No. 6. Start nuts down by hand
far enough so that wrench will engage
8. Before tightening fasteners, cut a piece
of Flexco-Lok Tape three times the width of
the belt plus six inches and cut a point on
one end. Thread pointed tape between
fastener teeth on top of belt, back through
the bottom plates, and across the top
9. Pull tape tight and hold in position by
lightening a fastener at each end of the
splice. Then snug down all other plates.
10. Tighten all fasteners from edges to
center. Tighten all nuts uniformly. A
Flexco Power Tool Wrench used with an
11. Hammer plates in belt with metal or
hard wood block as illustrated. Then
12. Break off excess bolt ends using two
bolt breakers. On belts with thick rubber
covers, retighten all nuts after a few hours
FASTENERS SHOULD BE RETIGHTENED AT LEAST ONCE AFTER THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF SERVICE...ESPECIALLY ON BELTS OF THICK
THE SAFE EFFECTIVE USE OF THESE BELT MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS DEPENDS ON PROPER SELECTION. INSTALLATION.
MAINTENANCE. AND REPLACEMENT WHEN NECESSARY. THOROUGH FAMILIARITY AND ADHERENCE TO SUGGESTED INSTALLATION
TECHNIQUES IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.