2) Mounting of trolley on beam
(1) In case the trolley is put onto the beam flange from the open end of the beam as it is connected
to the hoist;
Remove the stopper at the end of the beam, and put the trolley onto the beam from the end
of the beam.
Fix the stopper onto the beam surely.
(2) In case the trolley cannot be put onto the beam from the open end of the beam as it is con-
nected to the hoist;
a. Disconnect the chain hoist from the trolley, if they are assembled.
(Leave the top hook on the suspension shaft.)
Install the trolley to the beam.
Remove from the suspension shaft the shaft stopper pin, side plate SN, spacers, and top
2) Mount the track wheels of the side plate G or S on the beam flange. Assemble the
spacers, top hook, spacers, and side plate SN onto the suspension shaft. Pushing the side
plate SN, mount the track wheels of the side plate SN onto the beam flange.
Insert the shaft stopper pin into the suspension shaft and secure it with a split pin.
Bend securely both branches of the split pin after insertion.
Connect the chain hoist to the trolley by making sure of its relative position to the
trolley. (See photograph on page 1.)
Installation of the trolley, as assembled with an electric or manual chain hoist, to the beam
by separating the side plates SN and G is extremely dangerous and should not be employed
under any circumstances. Always install the trolley to the beam first and connect the chain
hoist to the trolley in the next.
When all mounting work is over
When all the mounting work is over, check the followings.
1) Make sure that the relation of the position of the trolley to that of the chain hoist is proper. (Refer
2) Make sure that the stopper for prevention of the derailing of the trolley is surely fixed on the beam.
3) Make sure that all the bolts, nuts and split pins are where they should be and are surely tightened.
5. Precautions to be taken in operation.
1) Avoid slant pulling of chain
It is dangerous to pull the chain slant, with the trolley connected to the hoist, as the trolley is tilted
too much and gives too much strain to the beam.
2) Do not let the trolley bump against stopper at beam or other trolley on the same beam.
Take sufficient care not to let the trolley bump against a stopper at the end of the beam or other
trolley on the same beam, as this cause damage to the trolleys and the beam stopper.
3) Do not let the hand chain catch a load.
If a load is caught by the hand chain as it is lowered, the loaded hand chain may cause damage to
6. Optional device
1) Kito trolley can fit on beam width wider than the standard by adding extra spacers and replacing
suspension shaft on taking guidance from our local distributors.
(page 3 - 877)