A. GENERAL INFORMATION
The Hauck Dryer Pressure Control System (DPS) continuously monitors and automatically controls dryer draft by
modulating a mechanical exhaust damper. A variable capacitance type differential pressure transmitter measures dryer
draft and supplies a 4-20mA signal to the pressure control instrument. The microprocessor based controller provides time
proportional outputs to the exhaust damper actuator. The duration and direction of actuator travel is determined by the
difference between measured draft and the controller setpoint.
The DPS system has been designed to interface with Hauck BCS burner control systems and includes provisions for
holding the damper closed prior to exhaust fan start-up. The system also incorporates a 24Vdc transmitter power supply,
manual control switches and variable setpoint capability. See section G for detailed operating instructions.
B. MODEL NUMBER INTERPRETATION AND ORDERING INFORMATION
* Requires intermediate relays
A complete DPS system consists of the following items:
- Controller assembly
- Manifold kit (includes transmitter mtg. bracket, shutoff cocks,
snubber and fittings. 1/4" Copper tubing supplied by others).
- Exhaust damper actuator
- Transmitter-to-instrument cable
- Damper actuator-to-controller cable
- Intermediate relays (for Duff-Norton or other actuator requiring
more than 3-1/2 Amps).
- Optional Signal Conditioner for variable setpoint operation