14. Momentarily move the MAIN FLAME switch to the START position to ignite the main burner. Main flame hold relay,
R3, will be energized and latched on.
AUTOMATIC FUEL VALVE APPLICATIONS
a. The main fuel and fuel blocking valves will OPEN and the gas vent or oil return valve as applicable will CLOSE.
b. Trial for ignition timer, 2TR, will begin its timed delay (10 seconds for gas or 15 seconds for oil).
MANUAL RESET MAIN GAS VALVE APPLICATIONS
a. The main gas vent valve will CLOSE and the gas blocking valve will OPEN.
b. Manually operate the main gas valve lever to ignite the main burner and begin the 10 second trial for ignition
15. After the trial for ignition period has been completed
a. The Ignition transformer and pilot solenoid valve will be de-energized.
b. The PILOT ON light will go OUT and the MAIN FLAME PROVED light will come ON.
c. Low fire hold timer, 3TR will begin its timed delay.
If the main burner falls to ignite within the trial for ignition period the pilot and main fuel valves will CLOSE
and the alarm horn will sound Silence the alarm and allow the system to repurge before attempting to
relight the pilot and main burner.
16. After the low fire hold timer has completed its delay (5 seconds for gas or oil):
a. The burner control motor will respond to the output of the STACK TEMPERATURE controller.
17. Start material feed to the dryer and press the [MAN/AUTO] key of the STACK TEMPERATURE controller to place the
controller in the AUTOMATIC mode.
18. After the MATERIAL TEMPERATURE controller begins to respond to the material exiting the dryer drum, the
CONTROL MODE selector switch may be moved to the MATERIAL position and the MATERIAL TEMPERATURE
controller placed in the AUTOMATIC mode to transfer control of the burner motor to the material controller.
19. To terminate burner operation move the MAIN FLAME switch to the OFF position and press the ALARM SILENCE
G. UDC3000 MICROPROCESSOR TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER
The UDC3000 Temperature Controllers have been preset at the factory with tuning parameters which generally produce
accurate temperature control. If you experience temperature control problems, PLEASE CONTACT THE HAUCK
SERVICE DEPARTMENT before adjusting the tuning parameters.
Figure 4 shows the Operator interface of the UDC3000. The following paragraphs describe the function of the various
displays and keys. Examples are given for changing the Controller Set Point, positioning the Burner Control Motor in the
Manual Mode, and changing the High Stack Temperature alarm set point. Additional information on the UDC3000 is given
in the vendor literature.